Bodega Can Feliu
Winery in Mallorca
Organic and biodynamic wines
Bodega Can Feliu is a winery in Mallorca dedicated to producing, ageing, bottling and selling white wines, young rosés and aged red wines. All of the wines are produced under the Protected Geographical Indication Vi de la Terra de Mallorca.
This is our
winery in Mallorca
Can Feliu Country Guest House is situated within the municipal district of the village of Porreres, in the middle of Mallorca. It is a family winery in which the whole process - from grape harvest to bottling - is all done on the same estate. Can Feliu Winery has 18 hectares of vineyards, all of which are organic and biodynamic.
Being a biodynamic winery means going much further than organic winegrowing, applying rigorous quality controls and standards that make biodynamic wine a product for a very demanding customer.
guided tours and barbecues
Every Friday at Can Feliu we organise a lovely barbecue in the gardens of our country guest house and estate. The menu comprises a buffet of meats, salads, fruit and dessert. The experience includes a guided tour of the winery and a tasting session of wines with appetisers.
An experience aimed at those who want to understand all the details of the magical process that transforms grapes into wine. The visit to our Mallorca Winery culminates in a relaxed wine tasting in our tasting area where, if you wish, you can buy some Can Feliu wines.
Would you like to try our wines? At the Can Feliu Winery we offer wine tastings inside the shop or on our outside terrace. You can choose between a selection of red, white and rosé wines and accompany them, if you so wish, with some of the best local products.
A full experience that includes a guided tour to discover the whole process of making our wines: from the grape harvest to the bottling.
The tour culminates in the wine tasting room where you will be able to savour some of our main varieties, accompanied by a delicious appetiser.
Private lunch or dinner
An experience aimed at groups of 20 people or more. Consists of a private lunch or dinner surrounded by nature.
A unique way of tasting our wines and enjoying some of the best of Mallorcan cuisine.
These are our wines
Can Feliu Winery
Young white wines made from coupage between different varieties. Young white wines and white wines aged in French oak barrels. All from spontaneous fermentation.
Here at Bodega Can Feliu, we produce young rosés in the Provençal style with varieties of white and red grapes, both coupages and monovarietals of Merlot, the latter being our premium rosé. All from spontaneous fermentation.
Aged in French oak barrels for 12 or 24 months, as well as red wines aged in ceramic amphoras, monovarietal and coupages. All from spontaneous fermentation.
An award-wining winery
· Alè de Cabernet 2014 – Gold Medal in the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2017
· Alè de Cabernet 2015 – Silver Medal in the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2017 for the first and second year barrel-aged wine
· Alè de Cabernet 2015 – Silver Medal in the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2017 for the third and fourth year barrel-aged wine.
· Binerbo 2006 – Gold Medal in the Biofach Grand International Organic Wine Awards 2009, Germany.
· Alè de Sirà 2006 – Silver Medal in Ecoracimos 2008, Recommendation in the Biofach Grand International Organic Wine Awards 2009, Germany.
· Alè de Merlot 2006 – Silver Medal in Ecoracimos 2008, Silver Medal in the Biofach Grand International Organic Wine Awards 2009, Germany.
· Binerbo 2005 – Scored 100 points in the magazine “Mallorawein 2008/2009″.
· Alè de Cabernet 2006 – Bronze Medal in Ecoracimos 2008.
· Alè de Cabernet 2005 – Gold Medal in the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2007, Silver Star in the Estella-Lizarra Organic Wine Awards.
· Alè de Cabernet 2004 – Recommendation in the Biofach Grand International Organic Wine Awards 2006, Germany.
of our wineryin Mallorca
Since the end of the 18th century, there have been records of winegrowing activity in the manor house of the Feliu family in Porreres, Mallorca. Like in so many other wineries in Mallorca, the winegrowing activity was halted in the 1870s due to the phylloxera blight that affected the whole country.
Over the following 100 years, the Can Feliu wine cellar remained as a testament to the decline of an activity that had greatly contributed to the island’s economy in the past, and which seemed complicated to resurrect, especially given that the land from which the grape vines had been pulled up was now mostly populated by almond, olive and carob trees.
It was in 1999 that Carlos Feliu, after finishing his studies in winegrowing and winemaking in the United States, began planting on the estate once again in an almost experimental way which, over time, has become what is now the Can Feliu Winery.